Thursday 18 August 2011

"The Victor's Web"

Copyright 2011 - all Rights (and Wrongs!) Reserved

Thrust in a Dungeon's oubliette,
By one of Its own Life's wrong turns,
A Spider then began to weave
A Web of Love, out of thin air
The Spider sat there, every day
Bleeding Its heart out in each strand
"If this doesn't provide Escape,
Least in it, my own heart, I'll hang"


And as she cried, weaving, each day,
New strands with which to hang herself,
Some noise outside, made her look up
To see a full-fledged war above
A young man then, came into view
Looked down to her, while on his knees;
"I am The Victor of This War!
I am a Warrior, nothing more"


"Mayday, Mayday!" the Spider cried,
While each new bead escaped Its eyes;
"Victor, I will teach you to fly.
So you may rise Higher than War!
Twin Flames, we are, on one same wick.
This here's no game, no lie, no trick.
So touch these fine pearls, I here weave
So you may taste our Soul's Trappings"


And all at once, The Victor rose,
A voice, like Thunder, he replied;


"Why should I come to rescue you?
You're but a Stranger, full of Strife.
You sought to hurt me with your words,
Before you ever spoke my name.
I've touched the Web you speak of here
Enmeshed in it, such Madness breathes
I am not blind, yet I can't see.
Illusions here, are served, like tea
I trust you say this here's no game
A shame! Your blame! My heart's now stained
This Web you weaved, you lied to me
A shame! I thought we two could be
You said that Truth was where you lived,
How then explain this cloud of dust?"


There, in The Eye of Her own Sentence,
The Spider rose, to break her silence;


"My Love, when Dust is all you find,
Knit It, you must, to save your mind.
I'd meant to help, not cause you pain
Allow my heart to wash This Stain
Besides, this Web is made of Dust,
To sand the eyes of those who'd see
This Web I wove is not a lie,
It's just how I know we could be
I once said 'if not you, no one'.
Remember this, in all you see;
In this Web, weaved in your image,
The King is you, The Queen is me.
So trust your Heart, follow It, do!
Here, as I trap this Gift, for you"


With this, The Victor snapped his Sword
Having found Blue Blood on Its blade.
He dropped His Armour to the ground.
So nothing could weigh down his speed.
The Victor, through a cloud of dust,
Climbed down to see The Spider's Eyes.
Having felt Love's far reaching grasp,
His Heart now recognized Its Prize.


1 comment:

  1. An interesting mix of metaphors here. Interesting meter. The trapped spider and the triumphant but empty warrior make an unlikely but perhaps evenly matched couple.


    Thanks for sharing this, food for thought.

    ReplyDelete