Friday 30 December 2011

Fettine Pannatte

I was out of cherry tomatoes and parsley so I decorated this plate with capers and peperoncini peppers.

This Italian dish is served ONLY during the Holidays in my household, because it is a fried food - Something I don't want my Husband to feast on too often. It's a dish my Husband and his Twin look forward to all year.

"Fettine Pannatte" (Breaded veal scallops.)

Very easy to make.
(For 5 scallops)

STEP 1

Take three plates

Plate 1. Beat 1 egg, add spices of choice. I only add pepper and lemon juice (to replace salt)

Plate 2. Add romano cheese with oregano

Plate 3. Add homemade breadcrumbs (store-bought ones have nasty chemicals)

STEP 2

Take scallops out, one by one and tenderize these by smashing/flattening them as much as possible, using a tenderizing hammer.

STEP 3

Put 1/4 inch of oil of choice in pan (I use extra-virgin olive oil). Set fire to high. (Do not leave unattended)

STEP 4

Take each scallop and dip it in plates 1, 2, then 3 and then drop in pan when oil is hot enough.

Turn over ONLY ONCE in pan until golden. (They cook quickly so don't get distracted)

STEP 5

Put cooked scallops in a plate, on top of scott towels, to absorb/take as much oil away from the scallops as possible.

Sponge these off gently with scott towel before placing them in presentation plateau.

Serve with Lemons and anything else that is tangy; cherry tomatoes, hot peppers, capers, whatever!

Enjoy! :)

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment