Tuesday 14 June 2011

"The Gift"

“The Gift”

[Written in 1999 - To Humanity at large, with Love, in the wake of the events taking place in the belly of KOSOVO]

Plunged in the madness of this world
Seeking a way to make a diff’rence
I strummed my tears, on a park bench
Wishing to pluck the eye of silence

I played and a melody flowed
So strong its current,
So loud its sound
I heard hearts breaking all around

A Stranger then, came in my sight
And swallowed hard, my melody
He sat a while, mute, next to me
So... When he sang, he startled me
He sang...

I am, I was, will ever be...
For I am You and You are Me
My Message was so plain to see
Why It got lost, is mystery...
I am, I was forever Love
So don’t seek Me, way up, Above
I live and breathe, there, in Each Heart
Look... In Your eyes... My work of art”

And I replied;
“Sir, to claim this, just Who are You?
If You are “He”, than WHERE are You?!
Dear Sir, this world’s in such a mess
There’s War, there’s Pain and Loneliness”
And He sang;

“I am, I was, will ever be
Right here, with You, You know it’s true
Loneliness has no vacancy
‘Cos at Your side, I’ll always be
I am, I was forever Here...
It’s why, sometimes, You’ve felt me near
Today, I’ve come through You, Sweet Child
So All would know; Each Gift’s My pride”

To this, I said;
“Well that’s just fine and dandy, Sir
But what good’s a Gift that you can’t use?
This Gift of mine, oh... Can’t You see?...
It cannot stop the misery”
And He sang;

“I am, I was, will ever be
Awaiting to carry You through
Dear Child, if You’ll pardon the pun...
One can’t see Light, in High Noon’s Sun
I am, I was forever Yours
This Gift You curse, know it serves well
For, just like One and One are Two
We’ll make a diff’rence, Me and You

So go on, use This Gift of yours
And spread The Word, please spell It right
Do not spill Its Ink from your eyes
Just let It flow, to let All know...
I am, I was, will ever be
For, All are One, and One is Me
So air This Message right away
Child, dry Your eyes, go on... Go play!”

He then got up
And walked away...
I could’ve sworn
I heard Him say;
“I hope They’ll get The Message right, THIS time!”

(I kiss this song to God!)

No comments:

Post a Comment