Tuesday 14 June 2011

"Please Don't Call Me, Utopia"

“Please Don’t Call Me, Utopia”

[Written on October 8th, 2000 - in the wake of Middle-Eastern events]

I have seen what Man does
Cloaked in clever disguise
Though I look to the Sun
Man’s clouds undress my eyes

Don’t call me, Dear Utopia
No one here wants to know you
You’ve filled my eyes with dreams
And I’ve become their fool

No, don’t call me Utopia...
Not now, not ever more....
I have seen what Man does
Under The Seal of God

Go away, Dear Utopia
Here, you do not belong
Run now, less they should catch you
Stay as far as you can

Man’s eyes, they have gone blind
Hear, in their heart, a stone
Here, one kills his own child,
Yes, you heard right; his own!!

Don’t call me now, Utopia
Please, get out of my head
Run far from me, Utopia
My belief in you’s dead

What’s left of me will go,
To a far, warmer shore
Where, tucked inside an Amber,
I’ll see flourish my core

I’ve gone down on my knees,
Dying, each passing day
I can’t go on, that way
Show up or go away!!

Please don’t call me, Utopia
Let me go, set me free
From the chains that bind me
To your Mind, can’t you see?

Set me free, Blind Utopia
Less you make me your Tool
For Men laugh and they sneer,
Thinking me weak, the fools...

Let me go, Dear Utopia
Please show mercy on me
Cleanse my eyes of your Spirit
Here, you just should not be

We cannot change this world
Too far gone, can’t you see?
And so, Darling Utopia...
Less you drown, here with me
Please don’t call, let me be

Dreams of you are killing me

No comments:

Post a Comment