Monday 2 January 2012

Gallopita - Final Results

It slightly overcooked because I failed to account for the fact I wasn't there to take it out of the oven immediately when the timer shut the oven off - the oven's warmth, after it shut off, kept cooking the gallopita.

It's still delicious but my Family prefers it when it is a golden colour as opposed to this darker brown, on top.

Well, here you have it anyway - The final result :)

These could be cut in much smaller pieces (its presentation would actually look a lot prettier cut in smaller pieces) but I live with Ogres and I'll be really lucky to find a few crumbs when I wake up tomorrow morning as my Family really loves this Holiday Treat.

You could also add crushed pistacchio nuts, along with the almonds on top, for extra flavour. I didn't have any on hand last night.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment