Monday 2 January 2012

Gallopita

Gallopita

(Greek Milk Pie - a sort of hard Flan - Delicious!!)

In a pot, stir in:

1 Liter of Milk
1 1/2 cup of sugar (I only put 1 cup)
1 Cup of Semoulina
A dab of butter

Bring to ebullition while constantly stiring.

Put aside and let cool

Once cooled;

Add 5 whole eggs
Add essence of choice (Greeks use Vanilla, I use Almond Extract)

Bake @350 for 1 hour

Sprinkle with Cinnamon (I sprinkle mine with crushed slivered almonds instead)

Let cool overnight.

Next morning: Cut as you would brownies.

Enjoy! :)

I'll post a pretty picture of it tomorrow, once it's cut and ready to serve :)

I just put it in the oven now, timer on, and must leave for Dinner. We've been invited out to Dinner by a Friend tonight.

Have a wonderful evening, Everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment